Friday, May 8, 2009

With the semester, and with it my time at MCLA, ending I wanted to take a look at all of what we have done in this class. I went to this class thinking it would be interesting and fun. As a lover of theatre I was looking forward to a chance to read more plays. And that is exactly what I did. Though I had read two of these plays and was familiar with several of the playwrights, I found myself loving every second of it. Even when I didn't like a play (i.e.. Joe Turner and Mother Courage) I still liked coming to class and discussing them. I got a lot out of our class discussions and some of them even changed how I viewed the plays. The class also introduced me to a few plays that I love so much I hope to somehow be involved in a production some day. Many of plays were not something I would have picked up on my own and I am so glad I had this class to make me try them.  I would like to thank everyone in the class for sharing their opinions and making the class what it was and Professor Newby for introducing to so many wonderful plays. I can't wait to get out there and continue in the theatre world.

No comments:

Post a Comment